2nd Reading Room – Socialia
Shelving of publications
Publications in the reading room open collections have identifying call numbers and they are shelved by their speciality according to the Universal Decimal Classification (UDC) system. Each speciality has a UDC number which forms the beginning of the publication’s call number. UDC numbers can be seen on the reading room book shelves. Call numbers can be found in the online catalogue ESTER.
Subjects and UDC numbers:
- Demography 314
- Economics 33
- Education 37
- Law 34
- Management and organisation 65
- Media and communication 316.77
- Military affairs 355
- Political science 32
- Psychology 15
- Public administration 35
- Social policy. Social work 36
- Sociology 316
- Statistics 311
Shelving within a speciality is as follows:
- Reference works
- Estonian-language publications
- Foreign publications in the Latin script
- Foreign publications in the Cyrillic script
Journals can be found near the speciality’s book shelves in the outer wall niches. Older volumes should be requested from the stacks via the online catalogue ESTER.
To borrow publications from the reading room open collections (location in the catalogue UTL 1st Reading Room, UTL 2nd Reading Room, UTL 3rd Reading Room) pick up the publications from the shelf and check them out at the reading room service point, circulation counter or with the self-checker.
Loan dates for reading room open collections:
- 24 hours (green mark), cannot be renewed,
- 14 days (no mark), renewable,
- 30 days (yellow mark), renewable,
- 60 days (blue mark), renewable.