Renewal of due dates
You can renew due dates yourself in the My ESTER area of the online catalogue. Here you can also see the history of your borrowings, due dates of other materials that you have borrowed, what books you have reserved, and save the history of your borrowings.
Due date can be renewed no more than 10 times.
Due dates are not renewed and new items are not lent;
- if the due date has been overrun by more than 30 days,
- if the item has been reserved by another user,
- if the borrower already has a debt of unpaid fine of €2 or more.
Starting from the fine of €2, the library information system blocks the user's borrowing and renewing privileges.
To renew electronically the due dates of materials you have borrowed you need a password. Password can be chosen in the online catalogue ESTER (choose My ESTER on the opening page of the catalogue). If you have forgotten your password, ask help from the information point or reading room service point.
Due dates can be renewed also by e-mail email@example.com or by calling 7 375 772.
You have to pay fines for overdue books or for books that you have not renewed in time according to the regulation by the Rector of the UT, which can be read at all service points.
- loan dates of 30 and 60 days – €0.05 for an item per day,
- loan date of 14 days - €0.15 for an item per day,
- loan date of 24 hours - €0.20 for an item per hour.
Fines can be paid:
- by transfer to the bank account no. EE241010002019753006
To make sure that information about the transfer will reach the library, fill in the following information:
- receiver of the transfer: Tartu Ülikool, raamatukogu, RT
- explanation: VIIVIS, name of the payer, number of the library card
Payment can be seen in the library information system at the end of the next work day after the payment. Such time lag depends on the inter-bank transactions.
Starting from the amount of the fine of €30 you can pay by instalments according to a payment schedule.