1st Reading Room – Realia, naturalia, medicina
Shelving of publications
Shelving of publications is based on the Universal Decimal Classification (UDC) system. Each speciality has its own UDC number which forms the beginning of the publication’s call number. Use the guide for finding books on open shelves.
Subject areas and UDC numbers:
- Agriculture 63
- Astronomy. Astrophysics 52
- Biology 57/59
- Chemistry 54
- Computer science. Informatics 004
- Domestic science 64
- Engineering. Technology 62
- Environmental science 502/504
- Exercise and sport science 796/799
- Geography 91
- Geology 55
- Informatics 004
- Mathematics 51
- Medicine. Forensic medicine. Sports medicine 61
- Natural science 5
- Physics 53
Shelving order within a speciality:
- Reference works
- Estonian-language publications
- Foreign publications in the Latin script
- Foreign publications in the Slavic script
To borrow publications from the reading room open collections, pick them up from the shelf and check them out at service points or with the self-checker.
Loan dates for reading room collections:
- 24 hours (green mark), cannot be renewed,
- 14 days (no mark), renewable,
- 30 days (yellow mark), renewable,
- 60 days (blue mark), renewable.
- only for in-house use (red mark), cannot be borrowed.