1st Reading Room – Realia, naturalia, medicina
Shelving of publications
Publications in the reading room open collections have identifying call numbers and they are shelved by their speciality according to the Universal Decimal Classification (UDC) system. Each speciality has a UDC number which forms the beginning of the publication’s call number. UDC numbers can be seen on the reading room book shelves. Call numbers can be found in the online catalogue ESTER.
Subjects and UDC numbers:
- Agriculture 63
- Astronomy. Astrophysics 52
- Biology 57/59
- Chemistry 54
- Computer science. Informatics 004
- Domestic science 64
- Engineering. Technology 62
- Environmental science 502/504
- Exercise and sport science 796/799
- Geography 91
- Geology 55
- Mathematics 51
- Medicine. Forensic medicine. Sports medicine 61
- Natural science 5
- Physics in general 53
Shelving within a speciality is as follows:
- Reference works
- Estonian-language publications
- Foreign publications in the Latin script
- Foreign publications in the Cyrillic script
Journals can be found near the speciality’s book shelves in the outer wall niches. Older volumes should be requested from the stacks via the online catalogue ESTER.
To borrow publications from the reading room open collections (location in the catalogue UTL 1st Reading Room, UTL 2nd Reading Room, UTL 3rd Reading Room) pick up the publications from the shelf and check them out at the reading room service point, circulation counter or with the self-checker.
Loan dates for reading room open collections:
- 24 hours (green mark), cannot be renewed,
- 14 days (no mark), renewable,
- 30 days (yellow mark), renewable,
- 60 days (blue mark), renewable.