RDA (Research Data Alliance)
In January 2020, University of Tartu became the 22nd national NODE of Research Data Alliance (RDA). More information about RDA Estonia activies from RDA Country page or Facebook (@RDAEstonia); Twitter (@EstoniaRda)
In September 2020, University of Tartu Library, adopted RDA's recommendation for libraries: 23 Things: Libraries for Research Data and helps other research libraries in Estonia to offer best services for their researcher in Open Science and research data management.
The Research Data Alliance (RDA) was launched as a community-driven initiative in 2013 by the European Commission, the United States Government's National Science Foundation and National Institute of Standards and Technology, and the Australian Government’s Department of Innovation with the goal of building the social and technical infrastructure to enable open sharing and re-use of data.
The RDA Vision and Mission
- The RDA Vision: Researchers and innovators openly share data across technologies, disciplines, and countries to address the grand challenges of society.
- The RDA Mission: RDA builds the social and technical bridges that enable open sharing and re-use of data.
The Value of the Research Data Alliance to Individuals
Any individual, regardless of profession or discipline, with an interest in reducing the barriers to data sharing and re-use and who agrees to RDA’s guiding principles can join the RDA Community and Individual Membership is free of charge.
CONTRIBUTE TO DEBATES, RECOMMENDATIONS AND OUTPUTS
- Propose new topics for discussion and possible new recommendations
- Create and shape RDA's future Recommendations and Outputs
- Engage with the Working and Interest groups of RDA
- Participate in exciting and global discussions on FAIR data principles and beyond
- Contribute to the practical development of concrete solutions
- Access and adopt/implement a Recommendation or Output from RDA
- Learn from lessons learnt by others and from their good practices for your own activities
BECOME PART OF THE COMMUNITY
- Access an extraordinary network of colleagues with a broad set of experiences, perspectives, practices, and intellectual frameworks relevant to data-driven innovation
- Become a voice for RDA and data interoperability in your organisations, sectors, markets and geographies
- Have a voice in RDA, providing advice and counsel on the needs of your sectors and the problems faced in data exchange
RECEIVE THE LATEST INFORMATION
- Receive regular updates on the work of the RDA
- Receive a 6-monthly report on the activities of RDA
PARTICIPATE IN PLENARIES/MEETINGS
- Participate in RDA scientific meetings
- Participate in bi-annual RDA Plenary Meetings, workshops and elections
- Participate in RDA voting processes
GAIN EXPERIENCE AND PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
- Gain greater experience and expertise in all stages of data lifecycle, and in data-related research, including data science regardless of whether one is a student, early or seasoned career professional
- Enhance the quality and effectiveness of personal work and activities
- Participate in an international network of people from different backgrounds
- Improve your competitive advantage professionally and position yourself for leadership within the broader research community