The objective of Open Science is to make research open, global, creative and cooperation-based by using modern e-infrastructures.
The concept of Open Science makes research more efficient and transparent, increases cooperation between researchers and between different realms of science, promotes innovation and is, thereby, beneficial to society as a whole.
- Open Access: research results are made accessible free of charge
- Open Data: the data collected during research which are made accessible by Open Access
- Open Source: using of open source soft- and hardware
- Open Methodology: sharing information about the methods, tools and analyses used in research
- Open Peer Review: quality of research is ensured by transparent and traceable reviewing process
- Open Education: research-based and freely shared knowledge